One of the few successful global investors who’s not afraid to speak his mind – and the truth. You may not agree with all his views, but he makes sense for the most part. The Reuters journalist is a bit annoying, but this Jim Rogers interview is interesting as always.
- The Eurozone will survive with a handful of countries who can pay their bills. (If they survive, that is)
- Greece and other weaker countries may withdraw and the ensuing chaos can be unpredictable
- Has no faith in Obama or Romney, but feels Romney can’t do any worse than Obama.
- Is strongly in favor of cutting taxes and cutting spending “with a chainsaw”
- Myanmar is the hottest investment opportunity of the future. Claims it was the richest Asian country in 1952 (hmm..have to fact-check that)
- Investing in Myanmar is like investing in China in 1978
- Agriculture and water the big opportunities of the next decade
- Hates Tech stocks, especially Facebook at 40 times forward earnings (understandable)